Instagram Competition Terms & Conditions
SHOW YOUR ARSENAL SUPPORT AT HOME AND WIN A SIGNED SHIRT!
To celebrate the return of the football we’re giving our UK followers the chance to win a signed 19/20 home shirt with official certificate of authenticity. Simply upload a photo of matchday at your home to Instagram, tagging @arsenalhospitality or email us a photo at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
We’ll select a winner and share a few of our favourites on the Arsenal Hospitality Instagram page. Remember your post needs to be public, and please make sure everyone in it is happy to be featured!
Arsenal Hospitality ‘Football Is Back’ Competition Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the Arsenal Hospitality ‘Football Is Back’ Competition (“Competition”) hosted by The Arsenal Football Club Plc (“Arsenal”). By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter the Competition and you will not be eligible to win the prize. Entry is via Instagram or email only.
1. COMPETITION PERIOD: The start date for entries is 17 June 2020 at 09:00AM (UK time) (“Start Date”). The closing date for entries is 15 July 2020 at 23:59PM (UK time) (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Competition.
2. TO ENTER: On or before the Start Date, Arsenal shall submit a series of public Instagram posts on the account “@arsenalhospitality”, which can be found at www.instagram.com/arsenalhospitality (the “Arsenal Account”). To enter the Competition, you need to either (i) upload a picture to your Instagram account (visibility for which must be set to ‘public’ without restriction) showing how you are supporting Arsenal at home on matchdays, tagging @arsenalhospitality, or (ii) submit your photo via email at email@example.com, by no later than the Closing Date
3. ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) only aged eighteen (18) or over. Only one entry per person is allowed.
4. Employees of Arsenal and members of such employees’ immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
5. Entry is by Instagram or email submission only, subject to Clause 2. No purchase is required to enter but you will require email and internet access to enter the Competition. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering the Competition.
6. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive one (1) Season 2019/20 home shirt signed by a number of Arsenal’s men’s first football team (subject to availability) (the “Prize”). (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
7. Arsenal reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s) (or any part of it/them) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. All costs and expenses not included within the Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
8. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable.
9. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner of the Prize will be picked at random (by random number generator) from all eligible entries received between the Start Date and the Closing Date.
10. The winner will be contacted using either (i) the entrant’s Instagram account by private message, or (ii) by email in accordance with the contact details provided on entry, within 5 working days of the Closing Date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond to confirm details for delivery of the Prize within 14 days, an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible and correct entries.
11. Unless otherwise notified by Arsenal, the Prize will be delivered to a winner within 30 days of confirmation of that winner’s address for delivery of the Prize. If, for any reason (including, without limitation: (i) the suspension and/or reduced access to postal and/or delivery services; (ii) the closure of Arsenal’s normal place of conducting business; or (iii) due to events outside of Arsenal’s control) Arsenal is unable to deliver a Prize to a winner within the time frame mentioned in this paragraph 14, then such delay and/or failure to deliver shall not constitute a breach of contract on the part of Arsenal or Arsenal. If such delay and/or failure to deliver occurs, Arsenal shall use reasonable endeavours to comply with its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and to arrange for delivery at a later date.
12. PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA: If the winner is aged 18 or over, the winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Competition and the Arsenal may use the winner's name and image and his/her comments relating to the Competition and/or the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
13. Details of the winner’s name and county will be available on request for one month after the Closing Date by writing to Arsenal (including providing a stamped self-addressed envelope and stating the name and closing date of the Competition) at the address set out below.
14. Arsenal will use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Competition and awarding the Prize. More information about how Arsenal handles personal data is available at www.arsenal.com/privacy-policy.
15. By entering the Competition, you warrant and undertake that:
a. you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in the entry (including all images and text submitted by the entrant as part of the entry process), and that your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights;
b. you have obtained all relevant rights and written permissions from individuals featured in the entry, and that your entry does not feature anyone under the age of 12 unless it is your own child and you have that child’s consent; and
c. your entry does not infringe the laws of England and Wales;
16. By entering this Competition, you agree that your image a may be used by Arsenal and its selected sub-licensees for Arsenal’s marketing and promotional purposes in perpetuity, throughout the world in any and all media whether now known or hereafter invented without further remuneration (“permitted purposes”).
17. All entrants hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with their entry.
18. All entrants agree to do such other things and execute such other documents as are reasonably requested of them by Arsenal in order to allow Arsenal to use their entry for the permitted purposes.
19. Arsenal reserves the right to pass on any images which cause it concern to the relevant authorities.
20. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
21. Arsenal reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable
22. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. Arsenal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
23. Arsenal’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Competition (including the Prize) and no correspondence will be entered into.
24.Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of Arsenal, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Arsenal nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
i. any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Competition and/or the Prize (including the winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
ii. any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
25. The Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You acknowledge that Instagram shall not have any liability to you in connection with the Competition. Arsenal reserves the right to disqualify any entrant posting an entry or a comment to Arsenal’s Instagram accounts (including, without limitation, @arsenal or @arsenalhospitality) that is, in Arsenal's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other entrants, fans of Arsenal or directly aimed at Arsenal, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
26. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means that your entry into the Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and Arsenal both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
27. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of the Competition by cheating or committing fraud in any way, Arsenal reserves the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future competitions.
28. CONTACT: If you have any questions about the Competition, please write to Marketing Department, The Arsenal Football Club PLC, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU.